Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Honest Cries Of Breaking Hearts, Are Better Than A Hallelujah.

This morning I had a conversation with one of the other volunteers here that really caught me off guard. At first I didn’t think about it too much because there is always so much going on, but once the day has wound down I find myself coming back to our conversation. In general, I can see both sides of any argument. When talking about “Pro- Life” versus “Pro- Choice” (Which is not what I want to happen now…) there is always the horrible “..but what if the girl was raped?” scenario. This morning the other volunteer told me that three of the babies in the baby house were born to mothers who were raped by their step-fathers and then kicked out of their houses. This fact is simply horrible. I do not know why this happened, but I DO know that God has brought three BEAUTIFUL, HAPPY, HEALTHY babies into the world. My heart has broken for the young teenage mothers here who have suffered abuse, but I hope someday to have half of the COURAGE that they have.  I pray that this never happens to anyone else, but today I was able to see how God can bring beauty from the messes humanity makes. 

2 comments:

  1. "I pray that this never happens to anyone else, but today I was able to see how God can bring beauty from the messes humanity makes."

    Daysha, that's the heart of so much of life, isn't it? I have such a hard time understanding the difficult things of this world. I want to fix things. I want only good in the lives of people I love. I want THEM to be able to make good choices and surround themselves with good people.

    And when I see and feel that those things aren't happening, it's very difficult. It can hurt our hearts in ways we can't imagine beforehand. What heals that hurt (for me, at least) is remembering just what you said: God can bring beauty from our messes. Whether they are messes inflicted by someone else or messes we make ourselves, he can REDEEM us and our lives and our mistakes. He is a master at making treasure out of trash -- or out of absolutely nothing.

    Remember that I love you and that God loves you even more!

    ReplyDelete