Friday, July 29, 2011

Losing Control Of My Destiny

It has been a great two months! Although there never seems to be enough hours in the day, the days are always great. This week I have been shadowing Carol while she is giving out the medication to the boys. Monday will be the first day that I will be giving medication to both the boys and girls at Orphanage Emmanuel and as always, prayers are appreciated J There is talk about me getting to borrow a bike for the medication rounds (twice a day) and not only would this be fun but it would also save time!! Hopefully it all works out, and you know I will be posting pictures of my new wheels if it does J  I have also started spending some time in the Office during the afternoon helping pass out presents that the children receive from their sponsors and helping translating letters from English to Spanish or vice versa. Honestly I was hesitant when I was asked to begin helping in the office, but this opportunity has really given me the chance to spend some time with a few of the kids one on one which is always nice. The babies are as cute as always! They learn so fast! One of my favorite things they have been doing lately is to come up to me and say “sientente” (sit down)  and hop on my lap or squeeze on the chair with me. It is so cute! Two nights this week Madison, Ashlea, and I had a pajama party with the teens and watched A Walk to Remember. It is such a sweet movie, and instantly reminded me of the countless times I watched it in Junior High! It was fun to hang out with the teens in their houses where we could just laugh and relax some at the end of the day!

Earlier this week another volunteer and I took six babies to the park. We do this about five times a week and the kids always seem to have fun! When we got to the park we ate snack and played on the swings. Two of the little boys, Pedro and Eder, decided to wonder towards the monkey bars a little ways away. One of the boys, Pedro, began climbing the ladder so I helped them get to the top of the monkey bars. I held onto him to make sure he didn’t fall and we began to try to complete the monkey bars. He got to one bar and held on so tight that he refused to let go to move onto the next bar. After a while I told him, “Baby you have to let go” to prompt him in moving forward. And then it hit me. ..  I can be so stubborn. In the same way that Pedro refused to move forward on the monkey bars, I can choose to hold onto past regrets,  anxiety, or mistakes and not move forward when the whole time God is right there holding me saying, “Baby you have to let go.” Not only is God the One who cares enough to hold me during these time, but He is the one who MADE the monkey bars and can see the next bar that is just in front of me if I would let go and TRUST Him. God is so good and He has a plan for my life: to give me a HOPE and a FUTURE (Jeremiah 29:11). And His ways are HIGHER than my ways ever will be (Isaiah 55:9). There is also a time for everything (Ecclesiastes 3) and I am looking forward to the new times of my life. I really am blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment